Monday, August 13, 2012

To the Least of These


“To the Least of These”

The broken hearted, prisoner, the beaten down and the homeless are all around us, especially more so with these past several years due to the world shaken of the economy.
Healing the Broken Hearted

In my recent move to a new county, I have seen more homeless where I live, as before I was living in a more gang territory that also had homeless in the mix. God loves and reaches out to them all. Sometimes I think I don’t know how to help them, expect give in their need and pray for them. I feel at a loss as to what to do, but I’m reminded that God is there, and he will work through my faith, He will go as far as my faith will take me, and He is there with them as well, taking them as far as their faith will take them while also waiting for them to seek him, as He will be easily found by them for his Love is great for them.

I have witnessed to both group types and find that they just want to be loved. ~Being Jesus to them. ~ Showing them kindness, offering a prayer to them, or directing them to a place of hope that they can plant their feet in.

The Lord will be my Light


 

I know of a few people in my life that were once homeless such as my husband before I met him,to my parents before they had me, and yet because of words of encouragement by those who walked in love, and sharing God's love to them, it planted a seed towards there destiny. One powerful Testimony I have heard to date is from my Pastor Rob Deluca.  He was Homeless as a Teenager, and someone shared the gospel to him. He got saved, while still being homeless a little while longer after that, but He began His relationship with God, getting discipleship and Believing and practicing the word of God as God brought him out off the streets and into a blessed living today.


See His Testimony for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv8Nf_RK5dI





“To the Least of These”

My brother in law ~ Daniel was in prison and he was supposed to get out in 2023, but He died young of a heart attack last year 2011 at the age of 26 yrs while in prison.

When he first went to prison, we visited him a few times, and was lead  to write him, I sent him words of hope and pictures that he loved of both family and the art work as I was reaching out God’s love to him praying that one day he’d come to know Jesus as His Lord and savior.

In one letter he sent to me, He said that he shared the Art pictures with other guys in prison as it gave them hope, and He said that he wept at one I sent him. I cried thinking, I haven’t done enough, I could have done more, I could have written to him more or prayed more for him and the rest of the guys in prison.

I know that before He died, he shared with my husband that He was praying more as He also saw changes in him. God was already doing something in the life of my brother. And though I don’t know for sure where he is now, my heart can rest in peace in the thought of him being with Jesus in heaven as my husband and I both could feel that there was a positive change in him And my husband sending his last letter to him on the steps of salvation and God’s love for him. We knew He read the love letter.

Daniel my brother was a gang member, He had it rough in life growing up in a broken home, but His life didn’t defy his end as his end has only just started because He is now in Heaven with the King who loves and forgives him.

To the Least of these Jesus says: “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Matthew 25:31-46- Read the full version
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25%3A31-46&version=NIV

~Learning to Love like Jesus means also being selfless and reaching out to a broken society. Loves covers a multitude of sins. Love changes things. In wherever you live, ask God how you can help to the least of these as He says, when you do it to the least of these, you do so to me.
The poems were written by my Mom, as I love and honor her.


On Skid Row
~On Skid Row~

Shunned by society, here they go to the streets of skid Row

With chains of alcohol and drugs they are bound,

Young and old here can be found. Somebody’s sister, some mother’s son.

Dreams of the past and things they had done

This has become the only home they know

On the streets of skid Row

Living by any means that can be found,

They’re dying alone without making a sound

So, don’t condemn them to this place

But open your heart and show God’s Grace.

Let them see His Love, pure and true.

For the chance to live brand new.

Show kindness to people you don’t know

It could have been you there,

On Skid Row.



Prison Walls


~Prison Walls~

God

I heard it said for ones like me,

Your blood was shed

I never thought that what I did, or would say,

would affect my life this way.

I made mistakes am now paying the cost,

Now I know how much I’m lost.

Guards outside my room

This “Hell on earth” Full of hate, full of gloom.

But, I remember it told me,

You came to set the captives free.

So I give to you my heart and life.

Wash me clean and make me right.

Draw me ever near

As I step foot from darkness into light

Sensing you are here.

Though I’ll sit within prison walls,

My heart takes wing

Free to fly beyond these halls,

Praising you my King.


Below is links of encouraging music:

Casting crowns-If We are the body
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4wojcSO9Ww

Grace Williams- I can feel you’re anointing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRRYyukKmac&feature=related

Mary Mary-Can’t give up now.
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/m/mary_mary/cant_give_up_now.html

For Updates to the NEW Revised website, New Works of Art you can become a Fan on 4himpaintings Facebook or 4himpaintings Twitter.

Jen Page Artist to supporting ministries: www.elijahlist.com/


May prayer is that I love like Jesus loves-
Reaching out to love To the Least of these,
Kingdom Artist,
www.4himpaintings.com
Jen Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keys to the Kingdom- Artist Jen Page "Keys to the Kingdom" "You are my beloved child in whom I am well pleased. You have an i...